I will be using this blog to complete my 23 things requirement for my new position at the Grandville branch. In addition to trying to complete the requirements, such as talking about the 7 and 1/2 habits of a life long learner, I will also try to tailor each blog post around baseball or fantasy baseball. I am a very big baseball fan, as you can probably tell, and I am especially fond of The Boston Red Sox and The Detroit Tigers. I grew up in the Boston area so that explains my affinity for the Red Sox and I have been living in Michigan now for about 8 or 9 years and have been a big Tiger fan for the last 4 years or so.
Keep in mind one important fact, I was a big fan of each of these teams before they were good. I have been with the Red Sox through some tough times, such as the 1986 world series, and I had decided to get serious about the Tigers the year before they emerged as a good team. That being said, I am loving this year when both teams are among the favorites to win the world series going into the season. I just hope the American League Championship does not end up being a battle between the two of them.
As far as my favorite habit of life long learners is concerned, I like a combination of habit number 5, which says "create your own learning toolbox" and habit number 6, which says "use technology to your advantage". I have found that when playing fantasy baseball these habits become incredibly important if you want to remain competitive. This means that a player needs to create his or her own Fantasy Baseball Toolbox of sorts usually composed of a variety of online resources in order to research players and new, staying current in the sport, and then using that knowledge to compete in your league. Listed below are a few of my favorite resources for staying current in baseball and also for keeping up to date in the fantasy baseball world.
Keep in mind one important fact, I was a big fan of each of these teams before they were good. I have been with the Red Sox through some tough times, such as the 1986 world series, and I had decided to get serious about the Tigers the year before they emerged as a good team. That being said, I am loving this year when both teams are among the favorites to win the world series going into the season. I just hope the American League Championship does not end up being a battle between the two of them.As far as my favorite habit of life long learners is concerned, I like a combination of habit number 5, which says "create your own learning toolbox" and habit number 6, which says "use technology to your advantage". I have found that when playing fantasy baseball these habits become incredibly important if you want to remain competitive. This means that a player needs to create his or her own Fantasy Baseball Toolbox of sorts usually composed of a variety of online resources in order to research players and new, staying current in the sport, and then using that knowledge to compete in your league. Listed below are a few of my favorite resources for staying current in baseball and also for keeping up to date in the fantasy baseball world.
and many many more.

0 comments:
Post a Comment